CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baby Luke's Arrival...

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of Luke Richard on Tuesday, February 24th at 9:07 pm. I was induced 5 days past his due date...and boy am I happy that we didn't let him grow a day more! He weighed in at a whopping 8#13 ounces and 22 inches long.

The labor was a total of 12 hours, but only very intense for the last 2 1/2 hours. After encouragement from my midwife, I decided to try the labor without an epidural. I was doing great the whole day...but at about 7pm that night, I wished I had one. At that point, it was too late and there was no turning back. Rick was so supportive and I was grateful to have him there.
Emily and Savannah were so excited to have their new baby come home!

The proud daddy...

Although we have only been home a week...we have already had an "incident" with Savannah's new role as a "big sister". We were just sitting down to eat dinner and I looked over at the baby (who was sitting right by me in the swing). In a panic, I saw something green coming out of Luke's mouth. In the two seconds I had looked away, Savannah had thought it would be nice to share two little pieces of her green bean with her little brother. As you can imagine, we had a very important "teaching moment". Savannah absolutely adores Luke and has nicknamed him "Squeaky Toy."
Emily has been the best big sister and helper. She likes to check on Luke about every 2 minutes! She has had a rough week, after getting 3 staples in the back of her head. Brave girl!


A big "thank you" to my mom and mother-in-law and other family and friends who have showed their care and concern for us. We are so happy to welcome Luke into our family...and seem to be adjusting fine-for the moment (my mom goes home soon- that will be the test)!

17 comments:

Jenn said...

He is adorable!! Look how good you look! You have a darling family! Congratulations!!

Scott and Laura said...

How cute! And you for sure are a brave woman going without the epidural! Way to go you! Can't wait to see you guys this summer. :)

** Adrian ** said...

OOH!! I have been SO excited to see pictures of him!!! He is absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love his cheeks--they remind me of Kaitlyn's!! I love his hair, too! He already has as much as Kaitlyn--or maybe even a little MORE than her!! Lucky boy!! I think it's great that Savannah is calling him "Squeaky Toy" THat is too funny!! BTW...what happened to Emily??? Is she ok?!?!?

If you need ANYTHING after your Mom goes home PLEASE call me!! I would love to help you in any way I can!!

I'm SOO happy for you guys!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Jenn said...

Luke is VERY cute!!! I love all of his dark hair. My little guy was also 8 13! I am glad he arrived safely. I am VERY impressed that you went without an epidural. You look gorgeous in the hospital, but you always do. =)

Kara and Kevin said...

Congrats!!! Great job on going natural. Luke is so adorable!! I hope all goes well especially once your mom leaves.

Sara said...

What a cute little guy! Nice work Marianne, and by the way you look awesome for just having a baby a la natural. Congrats!!

Lindsay said...

Congrats! Three kids now eh? We are prego with number 1!!! You look absolutely beautiful AND you family looks amazing. So exciting for you. GOod luck!

Pruett said...

MAE!!! He is so cute! Congrats~Congrats!!!! We are thrilled he is finally here! Way to go!

Hazel said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. I don't know how you did it. The longest I was pregnant was 37 weeks two days. I felt like I was going to explode. You were pregnant like a month longer than me. So so so sorry.

Nick, Jen and Spencer said...

I've been waiting for this update :o) I am so excited for you guys! What a cute little guy! He is going to be so loved by his sisters. congratulations!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! He is so cute! But what the heck happened to Emily and why didn't I know about it?!! I'm so happy for you guys.

Brandy said...

Congrats to you and your cute family! Luke is so handsome! That hair is just too precious. Please give Rick my best. Luke is one of my favorite names and I seriously plan on pushing for it, if we get lucky enough to have another boy someday.

I can't believe you went that long overdue AND without an epidural. I see where Miss Emily gets all of her bravery from! Great work. I'm so happy for you!

Meaja said...

Luke is one lucky feller to have 2 big sisters! My daughter has a nickname of "smother mother" around her baby brother. All in good pure LOVE. Congrats on your precious son! And good job on the birthing!!

Meet the Bucher's said...

Yeahhhhhhh!!! He's absolutely a doll! My experience with big babies is that they sleep great and are very content:-) Hope that's your experience too! So glad everything is going well and can't wait for more pics as he grows up! Congrats and love ya!

Sara said...

Oh Mae he is so so cute. I love all that dark hair. I am so happy for you. Hope you are doing great. We think of you often.

Bree said...

Congrats! He is a beautiful baby! You look way too good in your picture to have just given a natural birth! :)

Natalie said...

Congrats!!! He is adorable!! Big sisters are the best, but you have to watch them like a hawk!! Glad that you all are enjoying him very much.