CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

McCall, Idaho

At the end of July, we enjoyed a week in McCall, Idaho with my extended family. We spent most of our time:
playing in the sand (Uncle Scott helped Hannah and Emily "bury" Savannah in the sand),











riding on the jet skiis or boat,







biking around the lake (my parents deserve the "gold star" for finishing the 26 mile ride in a big rainstorm),










sailing on the "Hobie Cat" (my brother Scott's sailing class really paid off...with a little help from the "Brazilian Pro" my mom),









"catching up" with family (not to mention holding my newest nephew, Matthew),











and of course, what our family does best....EATING!









Another highlight was when the kids tried out the new ski Uncle Bill bought. Believe it or not, Emily (4 years old) was far more hesitant then Savannah (2 1/2 years old). Savannah didn't want to get off the ski!






Although my grandma didn't feel well, she still came. Thanks for a wonderful trip, Gammy!

10 comments:

The Days said...

Yea! You updated your blog! Cute pictures, looks like fun!

** Adrian ** said...

What fun!! I love the pictures!! Your girls are SO darling!! I can't believe they were so brave skiing!! That's AWESOME!

Thanks for letting me do the spotlight in YW's today--I was pretty nervous (I'm sure you could tell!), but I loved it!!

Take Care, Adrian =D

Natalie said...

Yeah more pictures! I was wondering what you've been up to. I should have assumed you were too busy playing. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I can't believe that you got your girls to actually ski! WOW, I am impressed.

Meet the Bucher's said...

Love the pictures! That looks like such fun, don't you love McCall? You have such a beautiful family!

Matt & Ali said...

Hey Marianne, It's Gretta Petersen's grandaughter Ali...Im not going to lie, i look at blogs till im blue in the face and always seem to come across someone's that i know. Anyway i was so excited to see it was yours! Your family is so cute and your girls are getting so big! I miss the ward and always think about coming back to visit! Hope your doing well!

Natalie said...

Hi there! Thanks for visiting our blog. Kennedy won't be old enough for kindergarten next year. She wishes she was, but her birthday is just too late. We do lots of crafts and activities at home around favorite books that we have. Sometimes I will just ask her what she want to learn about and then we try to figure something out from it. The ice cream cone idea came from my sister-in-law who has boys and they are making a train. Kennedy didn't want to make a train, but then we thought of the ice cream cone. She loves it and is learning to write the letters as we put them up.

Jenn said...

What a great trip! We love McCall. There is nothing better than spending time with family!!

josh, erica, nora, wells, evie and stella said...

Rick & Marianne, I was excited to come across your blog! Do you remember the Reddings, Erica and Josh? We were in your married student ward at BYU- now living in Boston, at MIT, with two kids! How time flies. It looks like you are both doing well- and those adorable girls! Congrats! Yes, it is 2 in the morning- I'm up between night feedings and take advantage of my only uninterrupted computer time. Take care and best to you all!
-Erica and Josh

Laurie Gustafson said...

Marianne!!!
I haven't talked to you in ages! I got your blog address from Katie, and I loved seeing the pictures of your family! Send me your email address, and I can send you a blog invite! Where are you guys living these days?
Laurie (Egan) Gustafson
gustafson.laurie@gmail.com

Scott and Laura said...

Got to love family vacations! We miss you guys! And congrats on the upcoming baby! That's so exciting! There will be a lot of little ones at McCall next year!